Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pure. Love.

So, I'm not sure how I feel about posting this picture.  I was awe struck by my dad's love for his father and how he showed that love. I have a song that states "love is watching someone die." I think it might be true. My dad showed me pure love taking care of my grandfather. He walked away from the gravesite at this moment to collect himself and my mom followed. I don't ever remember seeing my dad cry but this day he did. I thought that it might be inappropriate to take this picture when I did, shortly after the military gun salute for my grandfather, but again, I was so humbled by the amount of love my parents showed each other at this moment, I wanted to capture it. So I hope it is a bit of inspiration for us all that pure love exists in every day life.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this moment with Canada--I can understand your mixed feelings and appreciate that you were willing to share the moment and reminder with all of us.

    ReplyDelete