Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bittersweet.

So today has been a thoughtful day. It was rainy and cold here which was a big contrast to yesterday when it was sunny and 70 degrees-so goes Iowa weather.
I met my friend, Susan James, at Smokey Row coffeehouse in Pleasantville. The picture below was NOT taken today since it was so rainy and dreary out that I had to use their web picture. It was cozy and warm inside full of spiced chai and Jaarsma Dutch letters. Susan and I sat and talked for over two hours. It was just nice to talk as moms and friends.

Then I headed to the Hy-Vee in Knoxville-a pleasant drive on a dreary day. The Hy-Vee was so quiet and quaint that I actually enjoyed my grocery shopping today. Once again, too rainy to take a pic so I went with the one on their website.
Then I came home and made great, home made spaghetti and Matt, Riggen and I played some Risk while Kate nursed her headache. The "new" Risk is quicker and much more enjoyable. I had it in the bag...until Matt beat me.
And then, well, we had some bad news. Our hamster, Izzy, died. She was a Siberian hamster that the kids got from Santa nearly two Christmases ago. They usually live 18-24 months so it was time. Kate fed her nearly every night and found her. She was crying and was pretty upset. Riggs was upset too but more quiet about it. Izzy will be missed. We loved you!

And then, I finished one the greatest books ever written. Everyone MUST read the Book Thief. I'm still too emotional to give it its proper due, but it is amazing and I suppose an appropriate way to end this bittersweet day.


No comments:

Post a Comment