Tuesday, April 3, 2012

So proud to be a teacher!!!



With all the vast changes occurring in education, one thing stays the same: the students show up every day to learn. We've had some pretty significant changes at my work this year and it looks like next year will be no different, but I admit that I am very PROUD of the work I do every day with my students, regardless of what the schedule is or how much time and energy my students demand. Today was no exception. After 50+ emails and fighting and advocating for all of my students to attend history day, it finally paid off. Central Academy sent on students in every category to STATE and even completely dominated some categories. I had the best "group hug" after the awards ceremony today and nothing can replace seeing some students cry because they have never been able to experience something like this before. So, I thought today I would pass along some highlights of the day.









In addition, Seth, Julius, Cody and Luke all represented Central at the State History Bee and all are going on to Nationals in DC!!! So PROUD! Huh, I guess I taught them something.

1 comment:

  1. These photos and those one of the crazy ladies in that park in NE are pretty awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete