Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Exercise and Swedish Proverbs.

Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. ~ Swedish Proverb


Today I received my heart rate monitor from Kosama. I was pretty excited to start using it and now I'm researching all the crazy amounts of information you can get from it! But what I was really impressed with was the quote above from the monitor's website. I've been determined to lose some weight and build muscle for awhile now. I  obsessively research and read about this stuff. I feel that I could be a nutritionist or a "caloric expert" now with all the crazy stuff in my head. I subscribe to 4 different magazines that focus on wellness and have been through Weight Watchers, Snap Fitness, "fitbiting", earning a black belt in TKD, taking on an Atkins diet, a vegan diet (just for 4 days--couldn't stand it beyond that) and now I'm doing Kosama. Oh yeah, and I've mastered about every ap there is about weightlifting, workouts and diet. What's my point? Do what the proverb says and I will feel healthier. I have to admit, I've never felt healthier--well, minus when I was 20 and competed in TKD tourneys--but I haven't felt better since then. I exercise regularly, eat pretty healthy (ok, a few too many carbs) but I need to work on attitude. It seems like I'm supposed to feel stressed, anxious or upset about something because life around me is that way. Like somehow I'm "missing" something if I'm not. ridiculous, I know. 
So, now I'm going to focus on exercising, eating healthy and well, enjoying life a little more.

So here's to taking a deep breath, smiling at my kids (more), loving my husband and finding peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment