Thursday, February 23, 2012

Organic food


So, there's lots of controversy out there about the food we consume. I'm not sure what is the "perfect" route for us or even if there is one. I do know that my husband suffers from Crohn's and when he eats healthy, un-processed foods his symptoms are lighter. I also know that I am lactose intolerant and since we don't eat dairy in my house (minus a bit of butter) my stomach has been better. I'm showing Food, Inc. to my 9th graders since we're studying agriculture and its production as part of AP Human geography and it reminds me that we really should buy local and fresh. So today's picture shows locally grown lettuce and locally made tortillas (all organic) that we had for dinner. And I'm whipping up an organic tart for dinner so looking forward to that too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really interested in talking to you more about this--I've been meaning to watch Food Inc and keep thinking about learning more about Organic--so I can't wait to chat with you more! Your dinner sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete