Tuesday, January 1, 2013

December 31, 2012-A blogging year in review.

So, tonight we mark an end to another year. I distinctly remember New Year's Eve in 2011 promising I would be a better person for the new year. I think I have. 2012 was a wonderful year for us. Mathew earned his MBA, toured Italy, got a new job at Pioneer and bought a .22 rifle; we went to Springfield on a mini trip to learn about Lincoln and the next week we left on a weeklong vacation to TN. My son accomplished his goals of learning to ride a bike and being in ELP for reading and math; Kate turned into a beautiful pre-teen, took her first plane ride and desperately waited for her fav book to be on the big screen: the midnight showing of the Hunger Games! 

We celebrated some very important lives too. My grandpa Charlie in April and our family friend, John Nicol in October. It was hard to leaf through the address book this holiday season to see their names. 

Did I become a better person? I think so. I spent more time being creative, more time loving my husband and more time being mom and friend. So, here's to a great year, 2012, and many thanks to all the great people who filled our house with warmth and sunshine! Here are just a few pics to celebrate the year-end review!


































...and to help us celebrate this eve, Danielle, Dave, William and Thomas filled our house with laughter! and of course, Hannah Schurz.




..bring on 2013!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so incredibly proud of you for making it a whole year in the blog--way to go!!!! I am also excited to see my face in some of your year in review highlights :-)

    Looking forward to more adventures, laughter and joy with you in 2013! And happy that you are going to keep the blog going to record those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan! I'm excited too to make new memories and have many laughs again this year with you!

    ReplyDelete