Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sunday Dinner and Tuesday Dinner

Sunday night I met up with Sue and Wendy at Chips in Ankeny. It was such a great way to end my weekend and begin my work week! We exchanged Christmas gifts--which is really EARLY for us--I think we opened gifts one time in March! We spent 3 hours sitting in our booth talking and catching up! The poor waitress probably got tired of us! Here are Sue and Wendy together. Wendy is holding up her gift for Sue and Sue is holding up her gift from me. I think Wendy and I both decided Sue needed some art work to decorate her new house!
Here I am opening a gift from Wendy--Sue took this picture and was laughing while she took it so it is a bit blurry but I think it just adds to the charm of our night! The item is a wine cover that says "Dinner is Poured!" hahahahah! I LOVE it!
This next picture is not of dinner on Sunday night, but tonight, Tuesday, Jan 8. As I've blogged before, Mathew likes to try out new fruits. This fruit isn't new to us, but is one of Kate's favorites and they are in season right now--a pomegranate. Mathew knows how to remove the seeds (I have no idea!) and so he's our resident expert. When the seeds are removed, you put a bunch in your mouth, suck on the juice and then spit out the seeds. They are labor intensive (if a fruit can be that) but they are yummy! So here's Mathew and the kids working on their seeds and spitting them out! A perfect compliment to our French dip sandwiches tonight! 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos from Sunday night---you two are the BEST gift givers---always a fun time!

    ReplyDelete