Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring is A-foot!




I LOVE summer. I love the heat, the sweat, the pool, the sun. I still don't know how I ended up in Iowa. I was born in 'Ol Miss-although I have no recollection of it and was a military brat-but that's besides my point--I love HEAT! So, I'm always commenting about the weather and how it's going to get warmer even when it's 0 degrees outside. I must admit that this winter was very easy on us Iowans--I could easily get used to it! but today I was really excited as it was very warm--70! and I finally (like my mother in law) saw a robin today and woke up to the birds chirping--it even made daylight savings somewhat bearable. So today's pic doesn't look like Spring is A-foot-but it is! There are tiny green buds on those trees ready to burst open for summer! Oh yes, and I added my grill because we grill about once a week--even in the dead of winter-and tonight we grilled the BEST grass-fed, farmer and animal-friendly ribeyes we could find! yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment