Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Adventurous Day!

So to begin my day, I mowed the lawn. Yes, yes I know I said I never had to do it--check back a few weeks for that post--but Matt's in Italy and the backyard was getting long. It took me over an hour. I started at 7:30am-not sure if the neighbors liked that but oh well. It was quite a miserable experience. I'm glad Mathew usually does it!
Then, Riggen decided he wanted to go to the Des Moines Zoo. We got there around 10am right when they opened and I LOVE the new features! A new driveway/sign, a new Australian Outback area, and a new sea lion exhibit! We had a great time!


And, well, since we were starving, we headed to one of our favorites...Pancheros!!
Then, off to Lowe's for over an hour to research plants and flowers for our south flower garden! And then we headed home and it took us TWO hours to clean out the flower bed! Here's a great shot of Kate weeding! tee, hee!
And finally, around 6:30 we called it quits. Ok, actually, I called it quits and finally showered and made dinner. It is now 8:40 and the kids are still outside playing in the yard! How I love summer! (meanwhile I'm enjoying a glass of wine on our deck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment