Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tomatoes!!! Really, Tomato--just 1--so far!

As I've mentioned before, I don't have a green thumb, but both my sisters do. But I'm trying. Mom has given me several plants that are still alive and I've planted some lilies, roses and coleus outside and they are thriving. But here's the thing, I love flowers and being surrounded by their wonderful colors but the BEST part about summer is fresh tomatoes. I have 1 tomato plant and it is doing quite well! My first tomato was plucked Monday--see below! Then, I relished eating it atop farm fresh scrambled eggs with basil. Oh, how lovely! I've got a bunch more coming in from just this one plant--will definitely plant many next spring! I'm hoping to find a day when I "can" tomatoes too--I'll have to head to the farmer's market to get enough but fresh tomato sauce in December? Yeah, to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment