Saturday, August 18, 2012

New Sinks and Bday Celebrations!

 Today was a good day in our house because I got a new sink! I HATE, LOATHE, porcelain sinks! It was the reason I nearly didn't buy this house! I had a cream colored porcelain sink in the house on ELM and hated it. So, the sink was really one of the first things I wanted changed in this house. Well, it took awhile. But that's okay because I selected a GRANITE sink! They don't scrape or scratch and keep the water warmer as well! But now my great hubby had to install it! He did an AWESOME job. He's quite the trooper considering he probably didn't want to spend his Saturday afternoon installing a sink! But he did it and it looks great!
 THANKS sweetheart!


And well, to celebrate the new sink, I went out for dinner. No, that wasn't really the reason. Wendy, Sue and I all have birthdays in the summer and for years we've celebrated them together! We met at Olive Garden in Ankeny, shared a bottle of wine, some dessert and exchanged gifts! I love this yearly ritual! (Ok, I was all excited about my new flowy shirt, but apparently it looks like I'm wearing a carpet, alas! Sue and Wendy looking good as usual!) thanks for the laughs, tears and great gifts! 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE so many things abotu this post--and you look fabulous! I am still smiling over the SMASH book you gave us last night--I cannot wait to start using it. THANKS for the fun evening and the creativity! You are the best and this is one of my favorite yearly rituals too :-)

    ReplyDelete