Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tuesday, August 7 Lunch with Kayla and a clean garage!

Today we had lunch with one of my favorite former students, Kayla Clark! She has been my student since 8th grade and worked as my "helper" for 3 of those 5 years! She helped me pack up from Pappajohn and move into the Academy. She also helped to organize my files, make copies, check outlines and countless other items! She also began writing quotes on my board and that idea continued to nearly every English teacher's board as well! The students loved coming into my room to read the latest quote! Kayla would also leave several notes, trinkets or smiley messages in my room when I was having a bad day to cheer me up! She also would update me on her life and the funny things happening in high school! She will be sorely missed! Not sure what my classroom will be like without her next year, but I wish her the BEST as she heads to Cornell to enlighten everyone there with her great mind, quick wit and sweet personality! 
And, oh yeah, I finished another item off my summer bucket list! I got my garage cleaned and organized our shoes! It looks so much better now and is much cleaner! As Kayla would say, "Go me!"


1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS ON THE CLEAN GARAGE--I agree with Kayla--GO YOU!

    Odd question--Is Kayla going to Cornell in Mount Vernon or is she headed out to Cornell in Ithaca, NY?

    ReplyDelete